• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco pattern change SK250LC

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Sold an 06 SK250LC and the guy wanted to change it to BHL from SAE. On the valve bank behind cab there's a drawing on the wall that I believe says swap hoses 3 to 7 and hoses 4 to 8. Not 100% sure now that I can't see it. Anyway when I bought it it was in the bhl pattern. It was working fine and we changed it to sae with this drawing. Again it was working fine. He got it today and changed it back to bhl. He says controls seem to be correct but boom out is real real slow. Kobelco said may be air in the line to just run it. He's ran it for 2hrs and no change. Any ideas. I'm m thinking a crossed hose. I have a book but it's no help. I show a valve with a lever to change pattern. Thanks

Vetech63

Crossed lines sounds pretty good to me. Air in the lines would be pushed out once all of the controls have been worked.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
3 to 7 and 4 to 8 is correct. But...which side of the manifold did you/they swap. There's pressure switches on that manifold that sends inputs to the main controller. All swapped lines have to be done on the "input" side of the manifold, the hoses from the PPC valves in the cab. If you swap lines on the output side of the manifold, the lines going to the main control valve, you'll do nothing more than totally confuse the main controller. With that said, it's very possible they swapped lines on the output side of the manifold.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
I'm pretty y sure he changed them on the correct side of the valve but f they're crossed up not sure now which two would be crossed. It may be difficult to even put them back to sae. I know the hoses are different colors. I wish he would have taken a picture before he changed them.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, it's not a hard mistake to make after all. And yes, the hoses are colored, but you only have 4 colors and 8 hoses, that means two each of the same color. But actually, this is a very easy thing to prevent, all it takes is a Sharpie. Before you ever attempt to swap these hoses, while it's still functioning properly, clean the colored hoses with starting fluid to remove oil residue and allow to dry. Mark the colored hoses the way they are on the manifold, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8, now you can forget about the colors. Always make the swap at the input side of the manifold, never swap the output side, even if you cross all of them up, you can always back up and regroup because the hoses are numbered.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
In any case, "I'm pretty sure" isn't a very definite way of resolving something like this, you need to be certain. If he swapped them on the output side of the manifold it would affect boom functions just like you describe. Assuming they were, in fact, swapped on the input side and it's a matter of crossed hoses, if the only functions that were swapped was boom up/dwn and arm in/out, then you're only working with 4 hoses, the other 4 haven't been disturbed. If that's the case, simply match the colors of the 4 hoses that are connected to ports 3 & 4 and 7 & 8. That should be the only ports that have been changed unless he went bat$hit crazy swapping lines.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Well he figure it out. Like u mentioned they need to be swapped on the cab side and I showed him that to begin with. He swapped 3/7 on the cab side and 4/8 on the other side of the valve bank. He corrected his mistake and W TADAH! It works. Thanks for all the input. I was hoping he had taken a picture to start but didn't need it after all!