• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kinked tracks, hiw to straighten

etd66ss

How long have you had the machine for? I have a machine for my own personal use as well. I had some frozen track links as well. They eventually worked their way out. Took probably 150+ hours, but it solved itself. I like those kind of problems!

As I said above, I have owned the machine for 10+ years, it came with a 90% UC with kinks in it. I dug 3 ponds with it and logged about 10 acres with it. None of the kinks worked themselves out after about 200 hrs of tracking. I put 600 hrs total on the machine. I've dumped a mixture of diesel and used oil on one of the kinks pretty much every weekend all summer long and tried to lower the weight of the machine down onto a kink/log. The weight of the machine just sat up in the air on the kink...

I think my only option would be to have them pressed out and back in. I don't really think I want to pay for that at this stage.

tnc110

Update. My kinks are all gone. Found some standing water and tracked back and forth for 5 min...6 or 7 kinks all gone.