1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Keeping operating hours.

Discussion in 'In the Office' started by Gibbit, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Gibbit

Gibbit New Member

Gday all, first post from me.
    We are starting a new earthmoving business and need to keep operating hours (as opposed to engine hours) for invoicing clients.
    I’m trying to find the correct name for a ‘rocker clock’. I have searched the net to buy these things for the machines with no luck at all.
    You put the round card in and the clock picks up the vibration and marks the card.
    I used them a lot when I was operating about 10 years ago.
    Maybe also called a wobble clock or job clock.
    Can anyone help please?

2. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

tachograph

3. farmboy555

farmboy555 Well-Known Member

Owner Operator
    Sure they make a phone app that the operator can log in with. Didn't know they even made the tachograph anymore. Looks like that would promote not shutting your machine off, keeping it running to add time.
    I just keep a log book and make an entry every day

4. Gibbit

Gibbit New Member

Thanks fellers.
    These are similar to what I'm talking about. They show on the card wether the machine is at idle or actually moving. Its a good way to fix any disputes in charging as they don't lie. The particular ones I have used in the past only show the hours worked, not speed ect.

Tachograph1.jpg

5. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    Picture looks like the old time tachs found in commercial trucks. I did not know they still made them. All the gas transports my dad and uncle drove when we were growing up had them.