• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jury Duty = Lost Job

Nayi

You did the right thing serving your jury duty. Do not worry, good work will come your way soon!

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Any update? Just curious, hate to see someone get shafted like this. I agree with RoP Don't take it and you won't get it. Know your rights and they can't be taken from you iof you're willing to fight for them.

Well, I did get my job back after about 3 weeks of sitting at home. But a month later I had an issue with a forman who was wrong... (i forgot they are never wrong) and was told this was my 2nd incident in a month and was laid off for good. I really was pissed since the jury duty thing should not have even counted at all, but in the bigger picture, I am greatful for the time I have had off. It ended up being one of the best things to happen to me. I have been able to take time to look at myself and deal with alot of my issues. I am a changed person for it. I guess it is true, it will all work out in the end.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Um you know you have legal recourse here!
Washington State law says employers, "shall provide an employee with sufficient leave of absence from employment when that employee is summoned" for jury duty. It also says employers, "shall not deprive an employee of employment or threaten, coerce, or harass an employee or deny an employee promotional opportunities" for serving as a juror.

Hope it all works out for you!

Well, I did get my job back after about 3 weeks of sitting at home. But a month later I had an issue with a forman who was wrong... (i forgot they are never wrong) and was told this was my 2nd incident in a month and was laid off for good. I really was pissed since the jury duty thing should not have even counted at all, but in the bigger picture, I am greatful for the time I have had off. It ended up being one of the best things to happen to me. I have been able to take time to look at myself and deal with alot of my issues. I am a changed person for it. I guess it is true, it will all work out in the end.

Glad to hear you are doing ok DirtHauler, but it just doesn't seem right or fair in the way you have been treated.
I can quite understand if you want to put it all behind you and move on.
I am afraid I would have to give that issue a poke with a big stick :D if you understand my terminology.
Do you get a written notice of reason for being laid off ? If so I'm all for :stirthepot.
If you are well and happy :) leave it alone :thumbsup
Good luck.