• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Junkyard's work thread.....maybe haha

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Got the pony motor rearranged for OIH's machine, made some gaskets and have it about 80% installed. Might have it busted off today, tomorrow for sure. Still have to finish pulling the 8v71. Got the 931 going this morning.

IMG_9081.JPG IMG_9082.JPG IMG_9083.JPG

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
We did stick some wood in the boiler last night. 90's at home. Miserable hot. I've worn a sweatshirt the last two days!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
It will be a shock to come home I'm sure. Although when they say it's hot I'm thinking to myself, you'd spontaneously combust in OK! Or get freaked by a man made earthquake!

Pullin the 8v71 now. Funny how some bolts just come out and some are tighter than dicks hatband! It's been a great relaxing week

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Got the 8v71 pulled. If you'll notice the wife's Escalade in the background...... how many green leakers have been pulled working out of the back on a Caddy? :p

IMG_9086.JPG IMG_9087.JPG

crane operator

Isn't there a nice looking, new yellow tandem axle trailer sitting around up there? You could have just hooked on to it, and had him pick it up sometime this winter, when we have acceptable weather.

Were they out of old tires up there too? I've taken to hauling engines in a old tire after someone suggested it to me. It seems like blocks always walk out on me, even if I spend a hour screwing them all together and cross tying them. Last two I hauled I just threw them on a old tire, and one strap across them, and let them ride, except for the 6v92 I brought home a while back, it had a allison on it, and those have a nice flat pan to hold them upright.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I'm sure we could have scrounged up a tire and I may regret not going that route by the time I get home. We shall see!

Fished again tonight, I'd say 16-18 nice crappie.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
What i've learned here is all I need is a fishing spot and some detroit bits and you'll visit.
You also have to me a master fish filleter.
What i've learned here is all I need is a fishing spot and some detroit bits and you'll visit.

Oh that's not all. You have to be a master at turning fish into fillets and also a great chef. We ate good. One handy thing is that Jeff can back the boat in on the first try. Actually we kept 27 crappies last night. Ran out of bait minnows and the crappies were hitting on the bare jigs with skirts. Jeff did comment at one point that he was going to change his skirt to a pretty one. :eek: Another perfect evening on the water with a nice breeze and no mosquitos.
Jeff and his wife hit the road a bit ago. We had a fun week and Debby and I really enjoyed their visit. After stuffing on deep fried fish, grilling brats, and generally eating to much as a habit, I hope he can make it through work Monday with the weight he is now carrying.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Been in the shop all week other than a quick drill rig move. Serviced a Lo-Dril and an IMT. Worked on one of the skidsteers that had an intermittent no start. Pulled the belly pan, tilted the cab etc and finally found the culprit. The wire to the solenoid had rubbed on the starter enough to short out and actually begin to arc through the aluminum housing. Been that way quite some time I'd imagine.

Pretty full truckin week coming up. Drill to KS and then an IMT to Tx for a repaint. Plus I pickup the truck that scattered the cummins a few weeks ago. Miserable hot around these parts. Heat index over 100 next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_9109.JPG
    IMG_9109.JPG
    759.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9110.JPG
    IMG_9110.JPG
    541.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9113.JPG
    IMG_9113.JPG
    763.8 KB · Views: 69

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Yep rode back nice, snugged straps a few times but that was it. It's still on the trailer, I need to build a nice stand for it until I get around to using it. It was funny, everytime we stopped for fuel or whatever people always asked what it was. Of course they'd ask what I was going to do with it. Told one guy it was going on my lawnmower. He said damn how big is your yard?!?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Yep rode back nice, snugged straps a few times but that was it. It's still on the trailer, I need to build a nice stand for it until I get around to using it. It was funny, everytime we stopped for fuel or whatever people always asked what it was. Of course they'd ask what I was going to do with it. Told one guy it was going on my lawnmower. He said damn how big is your yard?!?
I would have said it was a repower for my snowblower, tell them you heard this next winter would be a bad one!