• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Junkyard's work thread.....maybe haha

StanRUS

I carry BW air governor...lots road side rescues for ca$h. Fuel filters etc.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Me too. I was all but convinced the governor was acting up but upon further examination I was wrong. As clueless as they are about air brakes I'm impressed the head was on and engine ran without puking fluids everywhere.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
When I read your post I was hoping it was the air compressor head, not the engine head....

On the other hand I use a semi retired race car guy for my engine work and while he is great with the insides of engines, he has a ways to go with some of the external stuff we deal with.

The upside is he knows what he is doing, so you basically just have to explain it to him and he will have it figured out if it is something he has not seen before.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
One thing that did concern me was when they asked me if they should run the overhead. I asked if he meant rerun it. He said no we just bolted everything back on where it was.....

I advised them to pull the valve cover and check it. The head was shaved a few thousands as well as a few valves getting some work. I bet it comes back for me to do as they figured out I was off until Wednesday.....

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Brought home a new toy yesterday. Needs some TLC but it'll be sweet when it's done. I have another SAE400 that's got a better chassis and sheetmetal so between the two it will be nice someday. This one runs great and welds good.

Many many thanks to DMiller in helping me get it picked up and storing it a few weeks! I owe ya! IMG_9034.JPGIMG_9035.JPGIMG_9036.JPG

Reactions: DB2

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Just the thing to make the neighbors happy! Just need to get it going and spend some time running the Air-Arc gouging out the cutting edge of a loader bucket!:D

JPV

A red face! Never have been sure what that signifies but know the Lincoln motor generator snobs like it! My dad has 3 SA 200's with continental gas in them, I learned on those things. Is that an auxiliary generator of some sort hanging off the side?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Yep, there's a Dayton generator that somebody stuck on it at some point. Fairly well mounted but I will most likely take it off.

I think between the two it'll make a nice machine. I'll have it blasted and painted, get new face plate made, maybe move the gauges and starter switch etc.

Nothin would sound better than a 2-71 running at full song and a gouge zapping away! Most of my neighbors wouldn't think anything of it.....

I love the 200's and wanted one but for gouge work it's hard to beat these old 400's and with a 2-71 it's perfection in my book!

StanRUS

400 with 2-71, good machines, I have one with IMT 37cfm water cooled compressor...mounted on trailer

Lincoln SAE300 Diesel is for-sale in the area $1,200.00, if anyone is interested..

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Stan, I've thought about the most logical compressor to add to this machine. I have an extra T-30 IR but that's not enough air in my opinion. I'd like to be over 40 cfm if I could pull it off.

I wonder what LTL freight would end up costing on that SAE300. That's not a bad price.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
400 with 2-71, good machines, I have one with IMT 37cfm water cooled compressor...mounted on trailer

Lincoln SAE300 Diesel is for-sale in the area $1,200.00, if anyone is interested..

I just left California yesterday. I could have thrown it on the bed of the F-550. Dang.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
You did get a Non-resident Permit to catch those fish right?

I remember back in the 1970's being up at my aunt and uncle's resort near Cohasset Minn. they liked reading the report of all the people from Iowa who got caught either with too many fish or just lack of fishing permits. Local paper had a couple columns for names and fines.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Yes sir we got the married couple 14 day non-resident. Law and order that's my motto ;-)

Pulled the starter out of his 931 today. That was a chore.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Went on google for OIH, does it mean Opioid-Induced Hyperalgesia (pain tolerance) ?