• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 690e lc Control pattern

Randy v.b.

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a John Deere 690 and was wondering if anybody could help me. I've done a bit of research but could not find the answer. I was wondering if there was a way to switch to control pattern on this model ? I am used to the Backhoe control and it has excavator control and would like to switch it. I think the year is 89 but not sure, the serial num is DW690EL553389. If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Randy

Planedriver

Occupation
Farmer
I seem to remember there was an option for electronic controls on that model. If yours is electronic I wouldn't think the change would be too difficult. There are others here who will be along soon who have much more in depth knowledge than I.

There is always the option of going to Deere's parts site where they have really good exploded drawings that could help. The final option as was suggested to me..... Learn it! Probably good advise but I think I'll install an air seat so I'm not beat to death learning all over again.

Looks like I was a little slow on this one!!!

Randy v.b.

Got my lines switched and all is well... thanks guys. Next question. Can anyone explain to me what the buttons on the dash all mean? I don't have a owners manaual and can't find one on line. I played with a few of them and seems to change the track speed and quickness of the hydrolics. But there is like 10 buttons and I have no idea what I'm pushing lol

Thanks
Randy

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Randy what is your email ? I can send you picture with legends out of the manual.

Randy v.b.

Good day all. I have another question for the pros. Does the swing motor have any type of gear box oil on this machine? I'm finding after using the machine a bit I am starting to get a noise while swinging the machine. It sort of sounds like a dry gear chatter or something along them lines. I've been giving lots of grease but it hasn't seemed to help any.

Thanks
Randy

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
grease the swing bearing in different spots a while rotating the the upper half .There is a grease fitting right in the cab by your feet to the right. There is also a dipstick on the swing motor in the center of the machine .make sure you have oil in it ,

Randy v.b.

I have looked all around the swing motor and for the life of me cannot find a dipstick. Would there be any sort of plug or anything instead of a dipstick?

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
There has to be fill plug on the side .I trying to find a picture of it .

NW41

My 690e lc does not have a dipstick for the swing gear. It is lubricated with hydraulic oil.

Randy v.b.

Hello everyone again. I’m in need of some help again lol. I have the machine quarter the way loaded on my trailer and it stopped dead, just as if you had shut the key off. When I try to start it it just rolls over but does not attempt to start at all. It’s almost as if the electric shut off has screwed up or something? Where would I check for that? Any advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Randy v.b.

I found the problem. It’s blowing the fuse for the injector pump shut off for some reason. Must be a bad wire womewhere.