• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 330 Excavator

rildin

This is sure gonna be embarrassing to say, and it's not worse for me because I wasn't employed with the company when this occurred....

BUT...

Apparently, sometime during this winter (approx December), the heater was not working on the JD 330 Excavator. An employee took out the seat, disconnected "a bunch" (witnesses words) of wires, probably wondered if he had a clue, put everything back together, then quit.

The excavator will run only on starting fluid. Ether stops: engine stops.

This is the crap that really frustrates me; the guy was a minor employee, who happened to be able to convince a weekend supervisor that he knew what he was doing.

I have what I think might be the right service manual, and am thinking to look at fuel issues. Probably electrical.

Anybody got any ideas on places to spend more or less attention?
All help is welcome.

Thanks!

rildin

Sorry for the oversight, and thanks for mentioning it! The serial number of The Beast is: FF330CX082119.
Any help is appreciated.