• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 244J fault code "E3015

Waring

My 2014 244J recently and repeatedly puts up a code E3015. Anyone know what this code means? Thanks.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Ken
No problem. I got your email address .let's if this work the way I want it to .

Jac Cole

I have this same code E3015. 2013 JD 244J. Currently ride control and diff lock not working and since they are both related to ground speed to engage them, Im guessing it's in the ground speed circuit. Any ideas how to diagnose and where the sensor is on the machine? Thank you for any help!

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have this same code E3015. 2013 JD 244J. Currently ride control and diff lock not working and since they are both related to ground speed to engage them, Im guessing it's in the ground speed circuit. Any ideas how to diagnose and where the sensor is on the machine? Thank you for any help!
Whats you email address so I can send manuals on it .

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Also post a serial number. There are different manuals for the different serial numbers.

rustyflow

I have a jd 4052r. Its brand new with 8 hrs on her. She is throwing the the 522401.05. Im trying to get a job done today. Any chance you could send me the info? And do you think its ok to keep working even though this thing is screaming at me?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
code E3015

E3015 translates to an SPN 522401 FMI 05 code which is for the Ground Speed Sensor circuit is open or the sensor gap is too large. The speed sensor is mounted on top of the front axle just in front of the drum brake. I doubt the gap changed unless the sensor is loose so I would be looking for a bad sensor or a wiring issue.

Jac Cole

E3015 translates to an SPN 522401 FMI 05 code which is for the Ground Speed Sensor circuit is open or the sensor gap is too large. The speed sensor is mounted on top of the front axle just in front of the drum brake. I doubt the gap changed unless the sensor is loose so I would be looking for a bad sensor or a wiring issue.
Thank you very much for the info and the manuals. I will dive into it and see what I can figure out. Again....thank you!

Therbo

That is a code 522401.05 for Ground Speed Sensor Open Circuit .I can to try email the diagnostic info.What is your email ?
Hey there, I’ve got a E3001 code on my 2007 jd 244j. Machine runs fine just beeps every 3-5 minutes.

Thanks in advance

Rance

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Therbo;)!

Post a machine serial number please.

That code is for the ground speed sensor circuit being shorted to ground (for older serial numbers). The sensor is mounted on top of the front axle just behind the brake drum.