• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 600S, where to find boom sections?

Eldubya

First off I should probably say hi, as I've trolled these forums for a while and never had much for questions to ask until now...

So we purchased a 2005 JLG 600S from the states, and had it shipped up here only to find out that indeed it probably had the low hours as advertised although it must have been used extensively for sand or soda blasting. As it turns out this unit would not pass its structural (NDT) testing. Basically the man-basket needs replacing as well as the main (lower) boom. The mid-boom needs to be blasted to stop corrosion and re-painted. Now the place we bought the unit from so far seems like they are going to work with us on these problems and will try to rectify everything. However I was curious if anyone knew any place that sold used boom sections for aerial lifts. So far I've been able to find the man-basket easily online but the boom sections are not so easy.
So if anyone has any information that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Eldubya, I have no clue where a person could find good used sections for your machine, but try and call Eric at Best Line Equipment in Shippensburg PA. He's been working with JLG parts for years and if used ones were available he might know where to find them.

Dualie

probably be best to have a certified boom repair build you a new one using your existing boom as a pattern

barklee

I think i know where there is a whole boom assembly. What would you be willing to pay though? Do you mind saying where you picked this machine up at?

Matthew Rieser

I have a used boom for a 600S in my yard. I have a whole array of used machinery parts in stock in my yard. Please feel free to give me a call @267-580-5623 for pricing and availability. Thank you!