• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 45IC with a few problems

scott8188

I am new to the whole JLG troubleshooting so bare with me for some of these issues. First off I have a couple of different issues,
1- when horsepower card is installed jlg doesn't want to move but at a snails pace
2- when I start the machine from the ground controls it is very slow to start (starter is slow), but from the platform it spins up nice and fast.
3- the swing control seems to not adjust while below the horizon, and it swings too fast.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI- I took on this project at a campground that I live at where many people have tried to fix the varying issues, so far I replaced the big wire harness from the platform to the ground control (someone had previously tried to do a repair on the cable so I just replaced the whole harness) and I replaced the 4 wire harness that provides power to the platform.

I think that one or both of the drive control/ flow control cards are bad. At the present time I swappedthe wire connectors to the drive cards and that gave me the ability to control the speed of the swing when above the horizon. Which is great! However I would like to be able to control it when below the horizon.

Thanks!!
Scott

scott8188

The most important to fix at the moment is the swing control but if someone can help with any of the others that would be great also.

FYI it is a 1997 45IC