• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 450A will not run

excavator

I've been working on a JLG 450A with a Ford EFI engine, it has the ECM to EPM update on it and I'm loosing power to the fuel pump. I'm looking for a wiring schematic for the new style EPM, looking to identify the power and ground wires especially. Is there such a schematic available? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

excavator

So after doing some digging this is what I've figured out. The EPM update was put out by Ford but JLG modified it by switching several wires around in the main plug, or so I've been told by the Ford tech. So I can't use the Ford schematic, I also can not use the Genie schematic because it is the same as Ford. And the JLG tech said they never printed a new schematic for the update. There is battery voltage on the fuel pump wire from the EPM if it is not connected to the pump but looses it when connected. I've put power to the pump and have fuel pressure but it won't fire so the injectors must not be getting power. It will fire on either so the ignition system is working. I'm also not getting a signal to the MIL (malfunction indicator light) so I'm unable to tell if there are any DTC's. I haven't worked on gasoline engines since the early '80s so getting into the manlift end of things is a whole new education.

usmcmurillo20

Occupation
Mechanic
Hey buddy if your still working on this tomorrow I can take a look at the machine I have in the shop. Pretty sure its the same as this one. Another thing is it propane capable to? Cause one thing I ran into on one of these machines is that the switch in the basket to turn from fuel to propane was bad and selected propane and could not get the thing to start at all until I tested it and had a faulty switch.