• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 450A control problem at basket

Kshack

I have a problem with the controls at the basket, I have for some time had problems with it not wanting to travel forward and reverse or just moving slowly. Today it ran fine but cut off when I was up in the air, had to have some one get me down, controls at lower panel work fine. When you turn switch to basket it has a clicking sound about every 4-5 seconds, I could not identify which relay or such that was clicking. Help

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF Kshack. :drinkup

Did you mean JLG?

If so, I'm not aware of a JLG 45A. JLG makes a 450A/AJ and they make a 45HA, could you confirm the machine you have?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I corrected the thread title to read JLG 450A. ;)

What engine does the machine have, Ford, Deutz, or Isuzu?

Just at first guess, it sounds like you may have an electrical short when platform controls are selected. You need to connect a volt meter to the E stop at the lower control box. Power up the ignition and see if you read 12V on the meter when you select both lower and platform controls.