• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 450 Platform tilt problem. Need Help.

Etowah

The platform will tilt down but not up from both stations. The strange thing is both switches seem "reversed". The platform tilts down when the switch is flipped "UP" on both stations. I checked both switches and they seem OK. When the tilt switch is moved "down"on both stations the engine speed ramps up but there is no movement of the platform. There is no error code from the ground station but the platform flashes code 3-4. The connectors don't appear corroded and the wires are not spliced. Thanks in advance for any help.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF Etowah, interesting choice of member name. :drinkup

You first need to locate the coils that control tilt up and down on the main control valve, test to see if they're getting 12V power when you flip the toggle switch. If they're getting power correctly, you might have a faulty coil or a fault with the control spool, but first test to see if the two functions, up/dwn, is getting power correctly at the main control valve.

Etowah

Thanks willie59 for pointing me in the right direction. As I started inspecting the coils I noticed they had a fresh coat of dielectric grease on the terminals. I had a hunch the coils were simply reversed..... bingo. Problem solved. Your advice on where to start saved me a lot of troubleshooting.
Thanks again !!!