• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jlg 4017ps

colin macready

two things.
1. can i disable these ridiculous safety features on my machine. i can't tilt or do much when boom angle is greater than 20 degrees or extended.

2. is it a lot of work to run a new set of hydros from my cab tilt to bypass these safeties?

colin macready

i managed to macgyver a system that bypass this safety switch. however. because it is bypassed the machine thinks the boom is retracted. so if ive boomed out it takes FOREVER for the boom to retract beacuse it already thinks its retracted.... any thoughts.

Knepptune

Man the safety switches are there for good reason.

Doubt anyone is gonna tell you how to bypass them on a public forum. And there's good reason for that too.

colin macready

ive been running a telehandler 15 years
if you know the limits of the machine and don't do anything stupid you will be fine.
there is so much safety on this machine i can't even use it .