• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD Pro911 Hoe on Case 1845C... mighty tippy!!

MikeK999

Well, I did a Craigslist purchase (sight unseen) and bought a sweet John Deere Pro911 Externder Hoe attachment for my Case 1845C. Before I did, I called the local Case dealer to ask, "Will it attach to my 1845C OK? Will my skid steer handle the weight?" He said Yes, Yes. OK, so 20 mins ago I offloaded it from the flatbed and realized I musta been talking with the dealer's accountant!! Had that Hoe been 4 pounds heavier, I'd have tipped forward. Next, the Hoe's 'universal' plate's holes don't align with the Case's. I can fix that with a cutting torch, but still, shouldn't the Case sales guy have known? <== That's not really a question, BTW.

But my real question is about the Hoe's turn-buckle mounting bracket. This device resides just above the universal mount and appears to tie the frame of the Hoe to the skid steer. Now, my Case doesn't accommodate that device (I assume JD skid steers provide one). My question is: Should I weld a bracket to handle that turn-buckle to my loader-arms to handle that bracket? Or should I just accept that I made a mistake and sell the hoe? Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The Case machine does have an attachment device on the 1800 series that bolted to the CASE backhoe attachment. Because you have a Deere attachment of course you would have to fab something to make the two interface. I used this method of tying the attachment and the machine together a couple of times and than did not bother. I had no issues with not using the coupler. The 1845C mounting plates were not universal. I had issues with that on several machines. Later the pin holes and mounting plates became standardized across all machines like they are now. Like you said that is not a big deal to burn some holes. I would not get rid of the attachment, hook it up and run it and see what you think. Those attachments are heavy, you can rig additional weight off the back of the 1845C like you see guys do, max the air in the front tires helps as well.

MikeK999

Hi ya KSSS, thanks for the advice. I didn't realize my coupler's pins weren't compatible with the newer 'universal' mounts. I thought it might have been a John Deere 'problem'. So much thinking my 1845C was 'perfect'.

So if I burn some holes I'll be able to couple to the JD Hoe to my Case... OK. The only challenge remaining then is to improve my counterweights. I have 4 factory plates now and if I even tilt my head forward it's enough to cause the rear wheels to rise. I'll look around to see what my options are at this point. I don't imagine I can add more counterweights to the 4 factory weights. Maybe I can fill the rear tires with antifreeze or something. Thanks again for your reply.

Walker1

Would love to see a couple of pictures Mike. I am doing my D-300 hoe onto my 1845B right now. Had to fab the bracket. I just copied the bracket that is in the manual, so hopefully it will balance well. I assume you are saying it is tippy driving. Is your boom all the way up when moving?

frogfarmer

My 811 backhoe was loaded with an 1845C when I bought the unit. They tried it but same as you the machine did not handle the weight well. The hoe should be attached solid to the frame opposed to just the arms and that is the purpose of the turn buckle. For my uses my hoe attachment doesnt see hardly any use and wasnt a wise investment on my part. I have a full size TLB so it gets the use. Given what I know now I would have bought a mini excavator instead of the hoe attachment. I will say this my hoe attachment is plenty strong and works well just not as well as some of my other machines.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
load the rear tires or add weights to the rear rims is a possibility, the 1845c was always a little tippy, I think they were able to pick more than they were rated for.

td25c

Yeah MikeK999 ... The Pro 911 is a nice unit. I have used one on a JD 8875 for years and love it . www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?11717-Jd-8875-with-911-hoe

It should be tied to the front of the machine snug with the turnbuckle .There are stop plates at the rear of the floor deck on the hoe that rest against the loader frame. I'm sure you will have to modify them somewhat to fit the case. I also made a front mount winch and it also ties to the machine with turnbuckles in a similar manner. In post #10 you can see the bracket on the front of the skidloader. www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?11643-skidloader-winch

xcmark

Occupation
construction
I have a jcb 1110T that is 10,700 lbs that I made a custom bracket to mount a bobcat 8811 back hoe. The hoe is around 2600 lbs with a med bucket on the stick. Its stable enough to drive slow down hill forward with the stick pulled in tight to the machine and also stretch the stick out flat to the ground without the stabilizer down at a stand still to grease it. I would say do it and counter weight the engine cover with a steel plate if needed. I found the 8811 to have very good break out but its not every productive compared to a mini excavator that is 7000 lbs.