• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 790 ELC lugging

Grandboatman

JD 790 ELC 6068t unit was submerged. got engine going hit some controls and engine seems like it is under full load and then over heats. get it to moving either tracks or swing or bucket and engine revs up. going through and flushing hydraulics and replacing all filers. question is if all hydraulics are clogged and fighting each other and engine is lugging could that be my overheating issue?

Grandboatman

Water got above top of boom. I think there is a hydraulic issue maybe a valve is trying to go both directions at once. How does one test this?

Grandboatman

Found the issue Kind of. two solenoids on top of the hydraulic pump. Shot power and ground to one closest to access door and engine took off and ran fine. so I played with one and no engine change. I wired them both to constant power and went to operate and found hydraulics operated at creep speed. unplugged them both and briefly hot wired the one closed to engine and hydraulics came back but then engine bogged again so i briefly hot wired the one furthest from engine and engine speed came back. I left them both unplugged for now but havent had a chance to test it digging yet..
What do those solenoids do and is there a way I should wire them?
Since all computers are unhooked Im thinking about a couple toggle switches in the cab.
original wires going to these solenoids have no power or ground with key on or engine running.