• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 210le park brake wont engage.

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
I am having issues with the park brake on a 210le skiploader. You can flip the switch and the brake wont set and when you put it in gear the alarm does not sound. Anybody have an idea what it could be? I have not spent anytime looking at it as i am searching for my uncle. He has troubleshot most of the electrical and found nothing. But that doesnt mean it still couldn't be electrical as that isn't his strong suit haha. Any help would be appreciated.

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
Ok so I have more info. If the information I have is correct the park brake is spring activated. So it sounds like I have a problem with that. Can anybody get me a exploded parts diagram of the park brake? Also does anybody know if it I can disassemble without affecting the rearend?

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
So after I actually got my hands on the tractor I figured out that the park brake sets when you shut it off. So I am pretty confident that the PB solenoid is stuck open. JD is proud of it too at $417. Thanks for the help guys!!

hammertime

Yeah that parking brake will wake you up the first time you roll up on a conversation with the guys and shut the engine down before stopping. It will do the rest for you. Thank god I was on dirt

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
So it was for sure the shuttle valve, it was bent and not working properly.
Now we have another issue with the stop light coming on when you put it in gear with the brake off and when you hit the neutral disconnect on the loader control lever. I noticed it a while back that the light barely glowed and the alarm was real faint. Now it is coming on like it should. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears as I am stumped. I am going to call the RDO helpline tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.

I wasn't the only one working on it so I have a feeling something happened in all the checking of wiring and stuff. It just screams electrical to me. The pressure switch on top of the park brake got broke somehow and have a new one on order but can anyone tell me how it works? Why when I throw a meter on it I only get 9volts?

Last edited:

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
So after talking with the techs and doing some testing I found that there was only 9v going to the switch on top of the park brake. The wire goes straight into the back of the monitor and should have 12v coming out of it. It had 12v going into it so they said the monitor is bad. Ordered a new one at $220 and we shall see. I sure hope it takes care of the problem. Its funny how it manifested about the same time as the park brake issue.