• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 504B

pajibson

So the local dealer is telling me that JCB's service software is down and they cant help me with a little information. I'm looking for a hydraulic system pressure spec and where to check it at and if necessary adjust it. I had a guy ask me to take a look at his 504B (S/n 279804) for a hydraulic leak. almost every of the valve segments on the master control is leaking except one. He said that one had been leaking so he replaced it and then the rest started leaking. Someone(not me) told him his system pressure might be too high. So I would like to check the pressure before I tell him to go buy a bunch of parts. can anyone help me out with this?
TIA

jcb jeff

The 504 b is the same as the 526 s here in the uk as far as your leaks go these used to suffer from tie rods breaking between segments ,also there is a load hold check valve between the the hyd pipes on each segment these have an o ring and a back up ring these leak also can be done 504b 1.JPG 504b.JPG 504b2.JPG without removing block.
just need to pull the tie rod out holding them and change the seals but thick grease on the spring and valve to get them back in.
The sections also leak with the o rings between especially if someone has only changed a slice and not resealed and torqued up correctly .
Hope the picture help