• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Iveco stralis, start, stalled, won't start again

antpoo

Hello

At worked today I was in a rush to move my truck. I started it , but maybe didn't give enough time for air pressure to build up. As I went to take off the truck stalled. When I tried to restart it would not start. The computer says "check engine". Diagnostics comes up with an edc error code of 10 0c 001 y

Everything else works but truck does not turn over.

It is an Iveco Stralis 430 2006.

Does anybody have any experience with these truck or similar electrical issues?

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 864
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 867

antpoo

Thanks, I'm now 100% certain you are right. I was in such a hurry to move the truck I did not allow enough air pressure to build. For all I know now the trailer brakes probably did not real ease which caused the stall in 3rd gear and thus no air left to shift to neutral.

Will try to find an adaptor and charge tank from my other truck or a compressor.

antpoo

All fixed. My oxy acetylene hose coupling matched the air tanks so I filled up a couple of the tanks by connecting to my Fighter 6 and running off its compressor. Turned the key and it clicked to neutral and started perfectly. I won't be selling. It is a great truck.

d4c24a

i have the displeasure of piloting one at times , the auto box is absolutely horrendous , as for the rest its true
I
Vibrate
Everything
Comes
Off

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 352

antpoo

Well, true it is my first truck so I'm not one to talk about quality. But it is super quiet, great on fuel, and comfortable to drive. Yes plastic bits have fallen off, but all in all, so far, 3 months since I bought, it has ran perfectly.

toomuchfuel

Antpoo great to hear you had success, I have a 2010 Stralis 560 and have all the same warning lights but no way to put air into tanks, i thought trucks ran the engine and then put air in tanks. Guess its the auto thats upset, odd cause i always put it in neutral before turning off. Any advice would be great, I've only had it a few days, how'd you go with yours I know its been almost 10 years!

Delmer

I've never touched one of those transmissions, but he air part is simple if that's the cause. What do you have for air? even with no compressor, you have air in the tires, or if you have a scrap window air conditioner or fridge or freezer that's lost charge, those are easy to snip off the line and run a rubber hose to the tank drain to fill the tank to get it into neutral, to start.

toomuchfuel

I've never touched one of those transmissions, but he air part is simple if that's the cause. What do you have for air? even with no compressor, you have air in the tires, or if you have a scrap window air conditioner or fridge or freezer that's lost charge, those are easy to snip off the line and run a rubber hose to the tank drain to fill the tank to get it into neutral, to start.
Thank you for the reply, where is the tank i need to put air in? Also I'm guessing i need to make up some fittings of sorts, was going to buy a small compressor today in case it happens again

Delmer

You do have air brakes, right? the tank should be the front one, should have a hand valve to drain water, should be checked daily... You might get enough air in with a rubber tipped blow gun through the drain if you have a compressor. Otherwise, yes you'll need some fittings, but I don't know what they'd be in metric.

toomuchfuel

You do have air brakes, right? the tank should be the front one, should have a hand valve to drain water, should be checked daily... You might get enough air in with a rubber tipped blow gun through the drain if you have a compressor. Otherwise, yes you'll need some fittings, but I don't know what they'd be in metric.
No nothing as it won’t start

Delmer

But does the engine have an air compressor? then there will be tanks mounted under the cab, and they probably have valves on the bottom to drain water, that we had to do everyday before dryers were used. That would be my guess is the easiest place to add air, probably to the front one to get air to the shifter.

Cliffy

Do you have a photo of the warning lights or codes on dash? If it was in neutral when shut off it should start with out air in tanks so may have other issues.
Disconnecting batterys can do wonders sometimes.

antpoo

You need to read clearly what I have written.

The tanks gave valves at the top of each one to add air, plenty of tanks, just pick best one.

I will say it one last time. If your truck won’t start like mine with same code, your truck likely shut down with not enough air in tanks to allow it to click into neutral once you turned key off.

If you use trailer brakes multiple times then turn off the truck, then there will not be enough air left in tanks for it to switch into neutral to allow it to start the next time you want to use it.

The compressor is useless unless you start your engine. Which you can’t do.

So just get a compressor , a hose and coupling to screw onto tank valve. Fill it up. And see what happens

If it clicks into neutral. Then your truck will start and the truck compressor can take over and fill all the tanks again.