• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IT 28 help

bigblueox

hey does anybody know of any aftermarket hydraulic control for a cat IT28. I'm trying to adapt a bale accumulator to the front of this thing and i need a control unit that uses low pressure over high pressure to run the thing. It has four functions. i was looking for two four way stick controls but am having no luck. I have a feeling that it will be added on to in the future and would like the added ports just in case? Help! my hay is getting wet.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I can't help you with your question but you've got my curiosity piqued. What's a bale accumulator? Most guys around here just use a spear for large bales, small bales get kicked into the wagon.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Steve, a bale accumulator is what actually makes the bales. His hay is probably cut and laying on the ground. He needs the accumulator to bale it so it can be moved to shelter. :thumbsup

I must say that I have never seen one mounted on a loader though. Bigblueox, I would be interested in seeing some pictures when you get it together. :drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
We had a hitch round baler with a conveyor coming out the back. Behind the conveyor, there was a 2 wheeled cart that was connected to the baler by a fixed joint. The baler made the round bales, the conveyor moved them to the cart and rolled them into place. It would hold 8 round bales. It was a 1 piece deal and was called a bale accumulator.

I assumed thats what he was referring to. Thats why I said I would like to see it because I've never seen a smaller one or any other one for that matter. The one we had was huge.

We never made any square bales so I have never seen one of those that you posted either. Thanks for clearing that up Orchard. :drinkup

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
CB - Same idea, different bales. :)
Anytime you want to get the full square bale experience, just come on up. The farm just got done cutting wheat and baling straw. Man I don't miss those days. Straw was bad, hay was worse. They got the round baler a few years before I quit, but they still make a lot of square bale straw to use and sell. We never had any of the fancy equipment like an accumulator:(

I'd like to see some pics too:thumbsup
BBO - which bales are you using? Round, big square or small square?

bigblueox

yeah we have a holescher small square accumulator and bale grabber. it's the grabber that i'm trying to retrofit on front of the it-28. instead of having one grabber pick up one stack i have two grabbers combined with a plate dividing the two stacks. i want to run them independently of each onther so i can pick up two stacks per load but one at a time and be able to release them seperatley for stacking purposes. Also i have added a piviot function so i can rotate the entire works 90 degrees to the left and right for stacking on low and high deck semi-trailers. my problem is that i don't have the control capabilities from inside the cab where i can see whats going on.i built a frame works with the piviot added the it-28 mount hooks and run all necessary lines to piviot as well as release and grab the bales. I'll try to get pics after the hay and straw are up. any insight about a control box would be apperciated.

If i understand this right you just need two electric 6/2 valves mounted on the bale accumulator, one valve shifts between pivot and grabbers and the other valve controls which grabber that you want to run.

This way your loader only need the third valve to run the hydraulics.(I guess the IT28 already has the 3rd valve) The electric 6/2 valves are controlled by two buttons in the cab.

bigblueox

briliant. where can i find some? mabey it'll be worth digging the hunk out of the weeds. ultimatley we wnet with a different system. but i still like the idea.

A picture of an electric 6/2 valve mounted on my snowbucket with hydraulic wings.

Attachments

• DSC00511.JPG
    DSC00511.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,316
  • DSC00512.JPG
    DSC00512.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,118