• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is it a big deal to add a few gallons of John Deere Hy-Gard to Amsoil?

Johnsoils

Site Sponsor
I use the Amsoil on the engine for my backhoe. I know from calling the prior owner he used a Castrol non-synthetic engine oil putting 8900 hours on the engine.... So like I've been saying its running pretty decent for 9K hours on the engine.... So I'd like to do the oil sample testing like you mentioned above..... Can you shed some light about doing that? thanks...

Joeeye59, have you read the posts in the "Reading Oil Samples" in the lubrication forum? I've posted a lot of information, and others have to on the subject of oil analysis. If you have read it and have more specific question, please post or email me with the specific questions. I have some information I could email to you as well if you would like printed literature on the subject. thanks, John