• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International TD15C Help

Aussie Sapphire

Hi All,
I have been reading a lot on your great forum over recent months as I searched for the right Dozer for my current Needs.
I ended up buying a 1984 International TD15C with a Hydraulic Tilt and manual angle Blade.
The Main Rams have been resealed but the Tilt Ram is leaking a bit and as the Blade is removed for Transport I wanted to fix this leak before fitting.
My Question:

How do you get this Ram apart ??
We have removed the Ring of Bolts but cannot find a Circlip or what retains the Center hub that holds the Pressure Seal.
I have added some pictures can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

20170121_165629[1].jpg20170121_165706[1].jpg

td15c

can somebody tell me if you can see the parts brake down in that link

Aussie Sapphire

Hi Thanks yes Im just looking at the Diagram now.
Most useful, I could feel one of those Lock rings yesterday and thought they may have been involved but still have to work out how to get them out of the Groove.

td15c

you drive number 7 back or down the bore enough to take the pressure off the lock ring when you get the lock out you can pull everything out with the rod

td15c

don't beat yourself up to bad I had to look at the parts manual and service manual.:rolleyes:

Aussie Sapphire

Perfect Advice,
Thanks easy ,
I need to chase up a Parts book and Service Manual.

My only hold up now is a Socket big enough to get the Nut off 2 3/16" I think,my kit only goes to 2" but working on that now.

On another issues when she sits for a few Days she winds over for a fair time before she Fires up.
It has the Inline Injector pump,wondering if the Fuel pressure is dropping after sitting our leaking back a bit past a non return valve??
As soon as she starts once she fires really quickly

Any ideas appreciated greatly.
Cheers Andrew