• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

international 175 b... new owner with questions

fullchoke

Hello, I thought I'd start a new thread instead of tagging onto another. First of all I bought a manual that doesn't seem to answer any of my questions. On adding engine oil, is it done through the dip stick on a DT407? The manual doesn't give that location and the lub chart on the machine says it is on the valve cover, but the hood would need to be off. The second question is how to brace up the lift arms. I can't find that in the manual either. If the arms were safely up I could see and access the engine.

Thanks

boone

fullchoke, sorry I've not been much help. The 175B does have some differences from the C. I can only tell you how things are on the C model and the 466. There should be a trap door on the top of the hood where you fill your oil, unless this is different on the B and the DT407.

Here's a pic of the oil fill tube out of the valve cover of the DT466. Obviously the hood is off in the pic, but this is accessible from the flip up door on the hood.
32803506671_e34563c221_c.jpg

boone

Also, if your machine came with the lift arm bar support, the bar slips between the cylinder barrel and the rod end. On the C model, the bar has a tab that fits in an indention on the barrel. This helps lock it in place. We don't use ours cause the factory bar is a bit on the short side. We used angle iron in the pic above, but it's not really strong enough. We now use galvanized sign posts which we've bolted together. You could also use heavy duty C channel.

32084319684_97c21c4485_c.jpg