• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ingersoll rand vr 638 won't move

I backed up the telehandler last week and put it in forward and it won't move. It starts and the bucket and steering work but won't go forward or back. The parking light is on but I have the parking brake down as far as it will go. Where should I look? thanks

Smokin Joe67

I've had the same thing and it took 2 days to figure it out. It was a VR530 and i think we had to replace the brake valve and or maybe the F-R lever.

Thanks. My problem is I'm used to Cat, Deere and CNH service. If you can't figure it out in a couple hours you call the dealer and they can bring the parts and fix it. With a vr 638 service isn't the same.

Numbfingers

Occupation
mechanic
I backed up the telehandler last week and put it in forward and it won't move. It starts and the bucket and steering work but won't go forward or back. The parking light is on but I have the parking brake down as far as it will go. Where should I look? thanks
I fixed one last summer for the same thing, pump went out on it. But if your park light is still on it may be cutting the signal to the transmission.