• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IHI Excavators

jazak

My buddy bought one last summer off a rental place. He got it at a good price and likes it. Have to start somewhere.........better then a pick & shovel. :D

KSSS

They are very solid machines. I had one for about 4 years and put 2K hours on it. I really liked the machine. The support from Compact Excavator Sales (located in E-town, Ky) which is the importer of the IHI machine is excellent. The hydrualic systems are awesome. Well worth a look. I traded the one I had on a TK because of ease of trading machines as I have a TK dealer here but the IHI dealer is 4 hours away.

I heard that they were excellent machines and the main place just being 45 minutes from home I thought I would take a look at them and see if I liked them

Fishfiles

Itchy Hicthy Incorporated

My buddy had a few of them in his rental fleet and sold a couple to people I know so I have had many chances to run and work on the IHI , they do the job --- the parts that were unique to the machine (OEM) were very hard and took a long time to get , a seal kit for the controll valve I remember took a couple of weeks and the seal kit for the swivel took almost 2 months , could have bought the whole complete swivel faster but seems it was over $3,000 for it , the hydraulic hoses use a invert metric flare which is get-able , but a little hard to locate , from the parts stand point I would say stay away from the IHI or you will wind up itchy