• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IH E200 Regulating Valve Leak Pics

rust&grease

Im working on a E200 with a DT414 and Clark 4 speed. Ive owned it 2 years for farm use and it operates great for its age with some minor leaks here and there. In the process of adding a new transmission oil temp gauge I noticed a leak from the pressure regulating valve which mounts on the back of the hydraulic pressure pump. (see pics and parts list) I have lots of minor leaks of course, but on start up its putting out a pretty steady flow of oil that I didn't see under the machine before. The Stop valve seal (#10 in parts list) is where its coming from. It appears its upside down from the other metal seal /cap (#7) and has some punch marks on it. Also the roll pin(#9) it not installed and I don't see a hole for it since the inverted cap is possibly covering it? My hydraulic oil looks very clean. I use the same IH approved hydraulic oil in my IH 1066 and 1086. Haven't tried it at operating temps since I found the leak. Bad seal? Hyd filter plugged? Wrong seal/cap? Might stop after warm up? From Phone 333.jpg E200 Valve pic.jpg

Attachments

• E200 Pressure Valve.pdf
    818 KB · Views: 1

rust&grease

UPDATE: Pulled the filter. Cut the can and washed out the pleats. Pretty clean. Minor amounts of dirt, few specks of metal. Evidently changed just before I got the machine, Ive put about 80 hrs on it. Ive noticed the clutch pressure gauge holds about 280 psi. The operators manual says it should be 170-185 and to service filter if its above or below those number. But the service manual says 240 -280 in all gears. Anyone have experience with these pressure readings? E200 Panel.jpg