• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I have a question about a cummins 220

Hello all,

I have the opportunity to pick up an old scoopmobile loader. The wiring on the machine is in really bad shape so we have just jumped the starter directly to the battery.
I am not really a mechanic but I think this has an old Cummins 220 in it. I have tried to look online for information on this engine but I KNOW i am not really tech savvy.
I have taken a quick video of the question I have and I have posted it here.

I hope I did that right. if one of you old Cummins guys could take a look and tell me what I should do that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sorry for the late reply Dave, we decided to pass on the machine. It was just more love then we could give it but thank you we did get it running but the Hydraulics were another problem.