• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hyundai HL730XTD-7 transmission problem

Rebar.b

Hey. ....can anyone tell me what is wrong with this ZF transmission in Hyundai wheel loader where it blows oil back out of the filler for the transmission?

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Check your transmission breather, and make sure your transmission is not overfilled.

Rebar.b

I have changed the oil and filter and was very careful not to over fill. I thought the breather might be blocked like you said but I cannot find a breather anywhere on the transmission, except that the filler cap itself is a breather. ...the oil is coming through this same filler cap 'breather'! Does anyone know if this ZF transmission has another breather somewhere?

GaryHoff

Occupation
Should be breather on top of the transmission. Do you know what model of zf transmission it is?

Rebar.b

I am not sure but I can check the model....does it have a plate somewhere? How do you identify the model?

GaryHoff

Occupation
No. Should say 4wg-260 or 4wg-310, on a tag riveted on. Should be one of these.

Trans breather.jpg

trans breather 2.jpg

Last edited:

Rebar.b

Found the plate...it's a 4WG 130

Also found the breather at the top of the transmission! An ever so small unit!! There was a build up of dirt around it...I cleared it away, removed the breather and cleaned it. Put it back in and did a test drive and everything seems fine now!

Thank you so much for your help!