• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HYDROMEK backhoe

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Personal 2 way radio to talk to ground crew with headphone jack and PTT switch on joy stick.

That would be very nice:yup

d4c24a

backhoes

i have seen pictures of backhoes made by this company they look just like a jcb this looks like an early 4cx (uk spec)

Attachments

• AA_HMK102S_jpganno2003_vetrina (Small).jpg
    AA_HMK102S_jpganno2003_vetrina (Small).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 6,839

tylermckee

A cup holder.
Central lube W/autolube option.
6 way backfill blade
Tool storage.
space for working plans, gloves, lunch, along side of seat.
Lower window storage when removed

Enough from me.

i would love to see a little big larger tool storage, and have it WELL SEALED, tired of opening up the box and finding soggy smashed tubes of grease. Ive always had plenty of room for plans behind the seat, but a heated/cooled box to throw your lunch in would be great. I would like to see the lower window gone and have just a one piece front. Another thing that pisses me off is when machines dont have drip rails above all the windows, then you get dirty streaks running down your window, or if you swing around with the front window or door open and you fill the cab with water.

rino1494

Our Cat has 2 rubber plugs in the box. Take out 1 or both plugs to depending on how hot/cool you want it.

Mr HMK

i have seen pictures of backhoes made by this company they look just like a jcb this looks like an early 4cx (uk spec)

This is 2003 model HMK102S. Hidromek is the first manufacturer of 4 wheel steering backhoe loader in the world! (it was HMK100S made in 1991)

Mr HMK

This is the new prototype -backhoe loader- which will be launced at 2007.

Attachments

• Hi Concept.JPG
    Hi Concept.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,059
  • Hi Concept1.JPG
    Hi Concept1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 3,272

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
A cup holder. curlate the ac or heating vent around a cup holder to help keep yout draink hot or cool.
.Personal 2 way radio to talk to ground crew with headphone jack and PTT switch on joy stick.
Clean space down both sides of the stick for laser magnitic receiver.
6 way backfill blade
heated/cooled seat.
Tool storage.
Coat and hat rack that does not block view
someware to set your candybar, sandwitch, crackers, when loading truck.

Enough from me.

i second all of the above and would add 3 items
just because im lazy; auto lube mandatory!:sleeping
fold down catwalks on both sides (i'm old and don't have any balance left:Banghead )
small door type(simular to dozers) entry for checking fluid levels (it might actually get one on a regular basis):rolleyes:
the camera idea is a damn good one. (replace balance with eye-sight in above):mad:

MVFD

A cup holder. curlate the ac or heating vent around a cup holder to help keep yout draink hot or cool.
.Personal 2 way radio to talk to ground crew with headphone jack and PTT switch on joy stick.
Clean space down both sides of the stick for laser magnitic receiver.
6 way backfill blade
heated/cooled seat.
Tool storage.
Coat and hat rack that does not block view
someware to set your candybar, sandwitch, crackers, when loading truck.

Enough from me.

Well your wishes could be answered for that 6 way blade if you went to Kobelco and bought a bladerunner. its quite the machine. we have one working in town and it seems to be pretty good.

I dont like only because if your going up or down piles its going to get in the way.. or your working in un-even ground wroking with stumps etc. I could just be a hassle to work around and be something extra to break or go wrong.

if you could find a market where your only doing a certain type of work ie: making feilds in parks or schools... services in roads.. or where ever grading is going to be your main type of work.

http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/FILES/tbl_s22ProductText/PDFFile90/470/ED190.pdf

Looking at the one here.. it seem that its an extra thing to hit and that the operator has swung around forgot about it and hit the blade a few times..

it does have its strong points tho.

Hell that kobelco has even got wood grain in side the cab!!!!!!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
MrHMK said:
A question for you. Why dont you buy ugly dolls for babies? Does it makes sense to 1 year old baby?

I don't buy any dolls for the babies. I buy them toy excavators! :wink2 (But your point is well taken--I don't buy them ugly toy excavators...)

MVFD (from another thread) said:
When I first saw volvo's I was turned away from them because of how they looked. since the new style has come out I have been very attracted to them.

I guess that answers the question of whether style has any meaning in the excavator market. Obviously it plays a part. I'd be interested to know whether anyone would not buy a clearly more capable machine, based solely on the fact that it was ugly? (Or would they even admit that that was the reason? :) )

I would have thought that, as Steve said, the ability to do the work is the determining factor. I suppose it's a case of beauty being skin deep--appealling styling can be the deciding factor between two equally capable machines, but no amount of styling will sell a machine that's just not good at doing the job.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I guess that answers the question of whether style has any meaning in the excavator market. Obviously it plays a part. I'd be interested to know whether anyone would not buy a clearly more capable machine, based solely on the fact that it was ugly? (Or would they even admit that that was the reason? :) )

I would have thought that, as Steve said, the ability to do the work is the determining factor. I suppose it's a case of beauty being skin deep--appealling styling can be the deciding factor between two equally capable machines, but no amount of styling will sell a machine that's just not good at doing the job.

Company round here has a number of 308 sized Hitachi's and Kobelco's..painted purple with pink highlights:eek: now whatever turns your crank handle right...each to his own but a Guy has gotta draw the line somewhere..Purple and pink excavators....:nono :ban

MVFD

Company round here has a number of 308 sized Hitachi's and Kobelco's..painted purple with pink highlights:eek: now whatever turns your crank handle right...each to his own but a Guy has gotta draw the line somewhere..Purple and pink excavators....:nono :ban

It may be that flashy colours often help increase work ( maybe not productivity :bouncegri ). If everyone notices you and you stand out then chances are they will be calling you first. atleast thats what big company that use flashly colours say....

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
It may be that flashy colours often help increase work ( maybe not productivity :bouncegri ). If everyone notices you and you stand out then chances are they will be calling you first. atleast thats what big company that use flashly colours say....

Now, there's another point for Mr HMK to consider. Take a look at the pictures of the high reach demo machines that Geerte Yke posted. https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=12909#post12909 Beelen apparently paints all their machines in a green and white color scheme. They look pretty sharp that way, and I'm sure they're recognized as "Beelen's machines", before they're recognized as any particular brand.

Can an excavator (or any machine) be desigened to stand out from the crowd, if the entire crowd is painted the same colors?

MVFD

Now, there's another point for Mr HMK to consider. Take a look at the pictures of the high reach demo machines that Geerte Yke posted. https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=12909#post12909 Beelen apparently paints all their machines in a green and white color scheme. They look pretty sharp that way, and I'm sure they're recognized as "Beelen's machines", before they're recognized as any particular brand.

Can an excavator (or any machine) be desigened to stand out from the crowd, if the entire crowd is painted the same colors?

I personaly would be painting my machines Black and having blue and silver flames put on them. if I owned equipment. It may not be a flashy colour.. but it sure would get noticed. If I eventualy owned machines and trucks they would be matching forsure. Everything would be black with blue and silver flames.

Yes that may be a bit much for some people and a waste of money to others.. I must have a disease or something because I must have things co-ordinated and matching.

The other thing to some people is that black is such a hard colour to keep clean. why black...? I really dont know why black. but I would be prepared to pay some kids in middle school to wash and detail the machines and trucks on the weekend. 40 bucks a truck... 50 bucks a machine. its amazing how many kids are willing to do that around here. most of the smaller companies here hire kids to do that.

I like things to be meticulous aswell so theres another reason. but you also have to find Drivers and operators that are confident enough to look after the machine/trucks other wise the paint job would be worth less if its all scratched up.

Oh yeah while Im on the topic of custom paintjobs... the windows would all be tinted to go with the black paint :bouncegri

If I ever get the chance to do this one day.. beasured pictures will be posted!!!!!

Jebadiah

I am looking to purchase a new backhoe and the hidromek has been brought up by one of our drivers. Does anybody seen any reviews on the product as yet. 102S or 102B i've been looking at on the web.

We currently have the JCB 3CX onsite and we've nothing but trouble for 3 yrs. mainly issues with the feet and metal in the hydraulic fluids.