• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HYDROMEK backhoe

Mr HMK

Hi
could you please give your opinions about this backhoes' exterior styling.

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Yaman 300 2 011.jpg
    Yaman 300 2 011.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,480
  • Yaman 300 2 013.jpg
    Yaman 300 2 013.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,687
  • Yaman 300 2 017.jpg
    Yaman 300 2 017.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3,067

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
:waving ohhh looks that way to me too. i also see very few excavators with tail lights on the engine body.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
After searching the web I found that Hidromek is a Turkish manufacturer and their website doesn't work.:confused:

jmac

I was going to say the lights would not last long, but then looked at the photo's again and they are pretty high up on the counter weight.

I am with dawn, give me one to try for a while.

Last edited:

rino1494

:waving ohhh looks that way to me too. i also see very few excavators with tail lights on the engine body.

My Kobelco has them on. Personally, I don't like it. You can flip a switch in the cab and when ever you swing to the left or right, it will flash the turn signals for the way you are swinging.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
In all honesty, I'm not sure there's much a designer could do to alter the exterior style of an excavator. It certainly looks every bit as nice as just about any excavator out there. I think most of us would find them appealing anyway, because of what we do, just as I'm sure some people (not in this industry) would find all excavators ugly.

I'm curious, Mr HMK, are you connected with this manufacturer? ("HMK"...HydroMeK...It seems you may have chosen that as a user name for a reason.) If so, please, continue to feel free to ask our opinions. As I'm sure you can tell, you'll get very honest answers. :)

If I may ask a question--do manufacturers put a lot of effort into how equipment looks? (I guess I know the answer to that to some extent--look at the curved surfaces on later model tractor/loader/backhoes as compared to the boxier styles of 20 years ago.) So, another question--is there a perception that "style" is an important part of a customer's decision making process? If so, how important?

nedly05

Nice lookin' hoe. I'd like to run it and see how the hydraulics are compared to a kobelco. :thumbsup

Mr HMK

In all honesty, I'm not sure there's much a designer could do to alter the exterior style of an excavator. It certainly looks every bit as nice as just about any excavator out there. I think most of us would find them appealing anyway, because of what we do, just as I'm sure some people (not in this industry) would find all excavators ugly.

I'm curious, Mr HMK, are you connected with this manufacturer? ("HMK"...HydroMeK...It seems you may have chosen that as a user name for a reason.) If so, please, continue to feel free to ask our opinions. As I'm sure you can tell, you'll get very honest answers. :)

If I may ask a question--do manufacturers put a lot of effort into how equipment looks? (I guess I know the answer to that to some extent--look at the curved surfaces on later model tractor/loader/backhoes as compared to the boxier styles of 20 years ago.) So, another question--is there a perception that "style" is an important part of a customer's decision making process? If so, how important?

Hi digger242j;

Firstly I like to thank you for your cordial comments.

Q;I'm curious, Mr HMK, are you connected with this manufacturer? ("HMK"...HydroMeK...It seems you may have chosen that as a user name for a reason.) If so, please, continue to feel free to ask our opinions. As I'm sure you can tell, you'll get very honest answers. :)

A; Yes I'am connected with Hidromek. But all comments are my personal opinions.

Q;If I may ask a question--do manufacturers put a lot of effort into how equipment looks?

A; Well.. this depends on manufacturer but most of them are putting huge effort to built more customer oriented products. Not only technical points but also styling.

Q;(Nice question!)So, another question--is there a perception that "style" is an important part of a customer's decision making process? If so, how important?[/QUOTE]

A; There is one fact that; Almost all manufacturers have nearly similar level of manufacturing technology but there are different customer values and tastes.

There are 2 answers for this question;
First is differenciation and sencond is customer tastes.

Customers like to buy what they "need and like".

For covering the demands of customers we differenciate.

In order to be different we use; different components, different engineering techniques, different colors, and different interior/exterior design. (there are also other points such as financing, pricing, aftersales strategies etc.)

Styling is not the unique element, but it become more important since last 10-15 years.

Anyway; by this way our products and brands loose their similarty in competition, and cover the tastes of our target markets (spesific market segments).

We have to be different, to be strong in our own or target markets.

Last rule: Customer is the king :yup

A question for you. Why dont you buy ugly dolls for babies? Does it makes sense to 1 year old baby? :rolleyes:

Wulf

The counterweight styling looks attractive in my opinion but I really think styling would come in last for most purchasers... a good pedigree comes first which is why Caterpillar can sell machines even if they are poor performers.

Can you provide some specs or a link to a suitable site for engine type, pump type, hydraulic system type etc.

BTW... I recall seeing the Hydromek loader backhoes at the last Conexpo - looked awfully like a JCB to me.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've got to be honest with you, I think effort placed in focusing on "styling" on machinery is wasted energy. I purchase tools and equipment solely on their ability to do the job. Price doesn't even play a big role with me, I'll pay quite a bit more for a machine that will do the same work better and faster, and be more reliable.

I guess if all things were equal (though they rarely are) I'd pick a better looking machine over an ugly one, but again, the ability to do the work the machine was purchased for is most important to me.

Dusty

Charter Member
i would like to see a camera system on the machine on the rear and maby the side to see in the blind spots also lots of well protected lights so u can work in the dark if needed and a built in aromor system to cover the glass roll down would be sweet and any other points of enterance like the fuel cap and the stack
if u want to stand out on the job site come up with a color that is yours not just yellow

tylermckee

I would like a one piece front window, when im working with the window closed it seems that the 1 1/2" of the window frame along the lower edge (right above the travle pedals) is always in my way. Actually, do any manufacturers already have this?

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
A cup holder. curlate the ac or heating vent around a cup holder to help keep yout draink hot or cool.
.Personal 2 way radio to talk to ground crew with headphone jack and PTT switch on joy stick.
Clean space down both sides of the stick for laser magnitic receiver.
Central lube W/autolube option.
6 way backfill blade
heated/cooled seat.
Tool storage.
Coat and hat rack that does not block view
space for working plans, gloves, lunch, along side of seat.
someware to set your candybar, sandwitch, crackers, when loading truck.
Lower window storage when removed

Enough from me.