• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic test port fittings

BillG

Does anyone know of a test port kit that has the most common quick connect fittings. Also as long as I started this, what is the most common fitting that you find like the Parker PD or whatever.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I haven't seen a kit of the various popular test fitting quick connects, sure would be handy. I find Parker PD on many machines, and JLG uses an Aeroquip coupler, can't remember the number. When I run across one that I don't have, usually go to local hyd hose shop and they provide me with the needed coupler. :)

nowing75

Just when i think i have all the fittings i need then i go to work on our dooson and its some sort of british fittings. As Atcoequip said off to the local hyd shop.

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Just when i think i have all the fittings i need then i go to work on our dooson and its some sort of british fittings. As Atcoequip said off to the local hyd shop.
You said that right ...seems like I probably have 50 lbs. of fittings on the truck lol...And then theres O rings lawd ..

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I used to just make my own adapter fittings, especially for Komatsu machines. On those I install the adapters for the job and then removed them when I'm done. I hated the idea of paying so much money for the Komatsu adapters and they just start leaking after they have been used a half dozen times.

Most of the quick coupler nipples I've run into now days are the same as used on Cats. I purchased them from the local Parker store and put them on my hoses, gauges and manifolds.

Over the years I have glommed onto a couple of the European connectors but I try to avoid working on any machine that uses them.

A kit would be nice but the cost would be out of sight. My big manifold and hose set I built with all my discounts and it still cost around $450 without the cost of the special adapter fittings I built over the years.

Good idea though.

tctractors

I work on all makes of equipment from every part of the World and have 3 test kits, 2 are in neat plastic cases with a gizmo for just about every situation, plus a large range of Male/female unions with a CAT style test point mounted on the branch, these kits I bought at a Plant show in the U.K. for about £120 for the 2, my 3rd test box is filled with a great selection of gauges fittings and test lines that I have gathered up over many years that make pressure testing very easy, I am somewhat surprised that you cannot find a useful kit for a few coins in the U.S. it might be worth checking out what Europe has to offer with a bit of postage??

tctractors

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Check out Ebay .My Parker Hydrualic dealer has great selection of tee adaptor with pipe,O ring faced ,O ring boss,jic on two side and third is a test port fitting to put a guage.These are made by Parker HydualicI also have the tee and staight fittings for British fittings like on JCB equipment .I also have all diffren quick couple that have gotten over the years working on machines.Apply them to the costof the job you areworking on and in no time you have all quick couplers you need. Let me know if I can help with part numbers I can get you list of them for these tee fitting adaptors.

Last edited: