• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic lift cylinder

JeffLikesGrease

Howdy people, I'm new to this group, so please bear with me. I've got a question on the main hydraulic lift cylinder on a JLG platform lift. The cylinder had hydraulic fluid pouring out of the top end, right where the rod pushes out. I took it out of the machine, had it professionally rebuilt, put it back in the lift, but now it won't extend or retract when operated. I had raised and propped the platform arm up so I could get the cylinder out, but it won't extend in order to get the top pin back in. I can hear it straining the motor when the control is worked, but it's not moving. Any ideas what to do would be greatly appreciated, thanks

AllDodge

Don't know the equipment but my Groove had an issue after breaking a line and loosing most the oil. Took a while of moving all cylinders, wheels until the air was purged out