• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hydraulic license

aaron813

in mass its 75.00 for the test 8.00 for passport picture 75.00 for d.o.t phyical all of the above has to be mailed to d.p.s in boston if you get caugth operating without a lic first offence 1000.00 fine second fine and jail

Does the farmer rule still apply in ma? operating privately owned equipment without having or needing a hydraulic license

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
part time excavator/backhoe operator
Mass is making major changes to the hydraulic laws. I received an email from public safety that as of June 1st 2014, all hydraulic license holders must attend some school for credits in order to keep the license, If not, license is not renewable, Secondly, that email did mention farmers and that they are no longer exempt.,. After holding an unlimited license for 35 years or so, doesn't make me a happy camper to go through all this crap which costs lots on money,, Lets face it, another money making scheme for someone in the state,

mikebramel

Mass is making major changes to the hydraulic laws. I received an email from public safety that as of June 1st 2014, all hydraulic license holders must attend some school for credits in order to keep the license, If not, license is not renewable, Secondly, that email did mention farmers and that they are no longer exempt.,. After holding an unlimited license for 35 years or so, doesn't make me a happy camper to go through all this crap which costs lots on money,, Lets face it, another money making scheme for someone in the state,

fascists

aaron813

I'm planning on getting the license regardless but it sounds alot like the forestry license they force you to take so many hours of classroom time every year in order to keep your license. Fascists is right, if all the farmers in mass new about what is going to happen with the laws most probably wont do it and others will probably just close up shop. Way to go mass first they want to help the farmers then stuff this down their throats. Almost all my time running heavy equipment was on farms, mine and employers. They should let the farmers have their licenses on a grandfathered basis, i know they wont but it would be a gesture of good faith towards the already troubled farms.