• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hydraulic license

jimmyjack

Can't get a license without experience and can't get experience without a license.:beatsme Gotta love the gov't.

thats the samething with cdl driving , most companys say min 24 years old and min 3years exp. i was lucky and got a company that put me in a truck when a was 18 and i've been driven since

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF sitereadysteve! :drinkup

jmac

Ya know Countryboy you are very polite! I think that you have not missed one new member to welcome them to HEF, and I must add we have had allot of new members. I think Sir Digger and Steve should make you the official welcoming committee. Steve how come all the new members, congrats on that. You banned one and gained 20!

Countryboy

Occupation
Ya know Countryboy you are very polite! I think that you have not missed one new member to welcome them to HEF, and I must add we have had allot of new members. I think Sir Digger and Steve should make you the official welcoming committee. Steve how come all the new members, congrats on that.

Your to kind. :usa

You banned one and gained 20!

:eek: Who got banned........:falldownlaugh

sitereadysteve

Hey country boy .We got a lot in common I was a farmer,guess I always will be,I worked for deere you like em ,also bobcat,Im still a cattle auctioneer and sell materials for one of my old customers full time.

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
in mass its 75.00 for the test 8.00 for passport picture 75.00 for d.o.t phyical all of the above has to be mailed to d.p.s in boston if you get caugth operating without a lic first offence 1000.00 fine second fine and jail

sitereadysteve

If you know anybody who wants a prep course let me know $100. 3 hour course includes the book to study and we have the applications at the course.I hold them in Dartmouth Ma.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
in mass its 75.00 for the test 8.00 for passport picture 75.00 for d.o.t phyical all of the above has to be mailed to d.p.s in boston if you get caugth operating without a lic first offence 1000.00 fine second fine and jail

:eek: Wow!

nedly05

I did a little drainage job witha 303 cat at my sisters house in MA. Didnt have a temp. card either:eek: glad I didnt get smacked with a 1000 fine. Do you have to live in MA to get the 2A? What machines can you run with 2A?

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
i didnt pay company paid the fine i couldnt return to till i have lic

Countryboy

Occupation
Hey country boy .We got a lot in common I was a farmer,guess I always will be,I worked for deere you like em ,also bobcat,Im still a cattle auctioneer and sell materials for one of my old customers full time.

Yeah, I enjoyed the farming but now Big Business pays the bills. :eek:

I'd go back if I could..........:usa

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
man, what happens if you get caught running a wood splitter w/o a license? Sounds like a rev generator tax. I'm glad gov. spendell hasn't thought of that one yet. I can see a crane license and bucket truck inspections though.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Is it just a written test? What type of questions are on it? What good has it done if any? I look for OSHA to make it mandatory for crane operators to get certified within a year or two. Personally I don't see that as a bad thing.

Why you don't need a license now for a crane every where?

diggerman57

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
The mass test is pretty easy. Just look up the CMR regs. online to study.(They're like the OSHA regs., but specific to Massachusetts.)HLNTOIZ, you would need a 2a license for a 20 ton excavator.

HLNTOIZ

The mass test is pretty easy. Just look up the CMR regs. online to study.(They're like the OSHA regs., but specific to Massachusetts.)HLNTOIZ, you would need a 2a license for a 20 ton excavator.

Thanks, how big if a machine can I run with a 2a lic?