• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how to loosen oil cooler on ford 555 to tilt it forward

dougw2007

I have the separate oil cooler in front of the radiator. There is a caution sticker on it saying 'loosen fittings before tilting' . This is what leads me to believe it can be tilted forwards.
I started off by trying to loosen the two nuts on each end of the cooler. They are 1 3/8 size. After applying some force to them I decided to first check to see how much the oil cooler would cost if I wrecked it. Something any good mechanic would do. After I saw the cost of the new one I thought I better ask first. I should have taken a picture of it, I could add that if no one knows. There are two hydraulic lines into the bottom but it looks like there must be o rings into the cooler and the two nuts would allow the these lines to be loosened so the cooler could pivot. I need access to behind it. Not sure if it will leak after I tilt is forward and back, probably.

I have a leak in one of the low pressure lines coming down from the reservoir. Or the bottom of the reservoir is leaking at the bottom weld where the return line goes in. Also want to grease the drive shaft.