1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to add pics to forum posts

Discussion in 'Support' started by willie59, Jan 16, 2011.

1. thrashingcows

thrashingcows Well-Known Member

2. jcb jeff

jcb jeff Senior Member

Hi All
    Posted pictures many times before but something has changed and i no longer can upload as before i get this any help appreciated. pic.JPG
    It seems to be in when your in conversation with someone you dont get a upload a file icon

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  3. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    Yep, the new forum format has totally changed how to post pics, nothing in the old tutorial now applies. What I do, there's three blue buttons to the lower right of the Text Box; Post Reply, Upload a File, and More Options. Click on the Upload a File button and take it from there. That should take you to the file menu on your computer. You can select to either post a thumbnail of the selected image, or full size image like I did below.

Wile Coyote clouds.jpg

4. jcb jeff

jcb jeff Senior Member

Willie59
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried again and there is no upload file option like we have in this thread see picture.
    It seems to be when in conversation you only get post reply and more options available and if you go to the image tab along the top you get as posted before URL request.
    more op.JPG

5. phil4pres

phil4pres Well-Known Member

Jcb that's what mine keeps saying (URL ) and I can't put up pic. But profile page says choose file n when i click on it it pulls up all my pics . No prob but won't let me post n thread . I'm trying to do this from phone though

6. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    Hmm, you guys don't have the Upload a File button like shown in the pic below?

HEF 4-1-17 screenshot.png

7. phil4pres

phil4pres Well-Known Member

IMG_0436.JPG On this thread it does just now seen it but I been talking to pump guy .and that conversation it doesn't have upload file. I'll try n see if it will work here.. it worked!!! That's what came thru this week n north ga.. thanks willie do u have any idea why it wouldn't b on other conversation

8. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    LoL, I'm still trying to figure out the new forum format, much less why something isn't where it's supposed to be, it'll have to remain a mystery to me.