• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How much $$$ per hour for your motor grader

digdeeper

How much money are you guys getting for your motorgrader? Ours is getting around a 100.00 hr and its a mid 80 model cat 140 g with 10,000 hours but its very tight machine. Just wondering what other guys are getting. And why are motor graders so expensive, they hold there value forever seems like

Grader4me

And why are motor graders so expensive, they hold there value forever seems like

I have to be careful on how I answer this one :D It's because they can do multiple tasks on the job. Everything from leveling, fine grading, ditching etc..

Probably the best all purpose machine out there :IMO :stirthepot

dumptrucker

Plus they do last forever with good maintainence. Ours is a 93 with 12,000 hrs on it. Just had moldboard rebuilt. Will last another 10 years at least.

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
I paid $150 an hour for a guy with his grader early in the year. He's the best though every grade is right on, hes fast and reliable.

DPete

I've got a 1980 12G w/ topcon and rear ripper, clean and tight, I figure $135 per hour. DP

Last edited:

iceberg210

They really do last forever. We've got a 1950 something Huber Warco with a screaming Detroit 471 in it that still runs and works great over a half century after it was first built.

mickwa

Here in Western Australia I drive a 91 14G with 16ft mouldboard and get $175.00. 140's are getting $100.00 to $130.00.
Cheers Mick

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF mickwa! :drinkup