• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi parts

excavator

All rotary's from EX120-1 through EX300-1 are the same along with Deere 490D, 590D, 790D, 792D and 892D so they should be fairly easy to locate.(not sure what the 690s used) You would have to compare physical size, I would think plumbing would be fairly easy. Definitely worth looking into.

Welder Dave

I'm with you Dave. I thought the same thing.

It's my understanding they want to turn the pivot, put a sleeve on it, turn it again to cut all of the (not illistrated in the diagram) o-ring groves and mill a couple holes in the sides. Then they want to harden it again.

Unless they are doing all of this with platinum $5k is crazy. I really don't want to put it into a box and send it to Vancouver but I may have to.

Maybe who ever you talked to doesn't do spray welding so is trying to come up with another idea they could do in their shop? Even after spray welding, it has to be turned down to size so cutting grooves for seals shouldn't be a problem to do at the same time. There is some harder epoxy that you could try too. Devcon or Belzona if you can find it make a epoxy for building up shafts. Devcon doesn't recommend it if it's where a packing goes but maybe a speedi-sleeve could be used too if it's a seal surface.

http://www.devcon.com/UserFiles/File/MetalFilled_User_Guide.pdf