• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX150LC Excavator lost control of swing

Andrew Oates

Gday Earthmovers, I was digging and doing some clearing recently with a hitachiEx150lc and I thought I felt and heard a clunk and suddenly I had no control of the swing. The top half of the excavator swings backwards and forwards on its own. The arm still works and it still drives ok. I checked for broken hoses they were ok. I shut it down and restarted it but still no good. I've parked it on some flat ground and I'm starting my research. Any advice would be greatly appreciated cheers Otis

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Sound like your swing motor gear broke off or the shaft in the swing motor broke.I have seen that happen before. The only way to know for sure is to remove the swing motor and inspect it will be start forward if it failed.