• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Dr ZX

barnicleson

Occupation
Self Employed Diesel Fitter
You will need to order in the unit or buy on ebay..tungsten E2 palm unit..hitachi will sell comms cable and usb lead can be picked up at jcar or similar.
Hi looking for dr ex and zx-3 palm tool required in Australia. Unable to obtain via dealers. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Bremcoe

Occupation
Owner operator
looking for info or a picture on where the 4 pin connector plugs in on a ex200-2. I ordered the ebay version of dr.zx pc version for less than 60 bucks free shipping so im going to give it a try, but I cant seem to find where it plugs in. the only 4 pin I could see is currently plugged in to another connector. a pic would be great. thanks
shaun

backhoejoe

I bought the Dr ZX for PC from China and have yet to find someone capable of installing it. I am getting almost no response from the seller. If anyone here could help it would be greatly appreciated.

danthedirtguy

that answers my question, sorry to hear your having issues....there is a guy on this forum call tool guy? that seems to have a handle on this subject.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi backhoejoe
What problem are you have with software?Please call 1-201-832-1606 if you need to talk on phone may be able to fix over the phone.
thanks
ED

danthedirtguy the tool is not the problem may sorftware issue .I have two friend sthat have the tool from china .They both work with no issue.
If you need to call for mor info please give me a call.
thanks
ED

danthedirtguy

Ed,
Thanks for info and phone number....I have a 2008 zaxis 160 lc and all of a sudden the heater control lights flash and it wont turn on....hoping a code reader might help?

pf/l

Occupation
Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
I don't know if it will work on the zaxis-3 series will it? I thought they were for the older systems. I may be wrong but that's how I thought it worked.

Ryan

AndrewC

Ed,
Thanks for info and phone number....I have a 2008 zaxis 160 lc and all of a sudden the heater control lights flash and it wont turn on....hoping a code reader might help?

Dan, drzx will not talk to the heater controller all it will connect to is engine and hydraulic controller. Most likely you need a heater controller, they fail all the time but usually they lose the use of the mode button first.

danthedirtguy

so it wont read error codes? good to know.

Heater controller works once in a blue moon then lights flash and nothing....new controller is about a grand they tell me.

AndrewC

Double check your connections and fuse but I think you will need a new controller. The controller has its own way of displaying codes on its little screen and talks to no other controller in the machine.

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
I know it sucks since those controllers are so damn expensive but they to fail quite often. I've replaced them in every one of our 2004-2008 machines at least once. You can try http://www.brikers.com/ he may have a used one but I would hate to spend half of new and have it fail soon after install. Make sure you get the right one also, there are more than one option.

danthedirtguy

Deeretracks, thanks for info....the damnedest thing happened today..it warmed up today to around 60 degrees out side...the damn controller stopped flashing and everything works....damn thing is possessed lol