• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi DR EX scantool

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
482budget
You need a palm pilot or a Sony pda with proper cable to inteface tool ,Interface tool 4476512 which can be bought from Hitachi/John Deere dealer fo about $180.00 and the software.Let me know if I can help you .

Last edited:

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi there cortooncowboy, were you based at!
A gray market machine is what we would call an import!

mecat

Occupation
mechanics
Hi, i have find your post about Dr Ex and i would like to know if you are still interrested in finding one. i have one with -2, -3 and -5 series and i am interrested of selling it. i dont know how to post it in the forum. if you know somebody interrested of it let me know. it will be easyer to reach me by email at mecatech@cablevision.qc.ca i did work for hitachi for several years as a field technicien and do not use it anymore
Thanks
Francois

alvin123

Hi, rgl726,

I have a Dr Zx similar to the one you have posted. The problem is i can't use it to communicate with the machine. Do i need to do some sort of setting on the PDA before using it?
Please help.

auy_tong2

yep, rotate the socket, the socket is wrong position.. you need to rotate it to work.. mine is working already

alvin123

try to install the link socket rotated 180 degress.

Thanks for your reply, rgl726. Infact i have plugged in socket like you said because that is the only way. After following the operation instruction, it just says " comunication problem, please check control power and comunication harness".
Any other solution? Thanks.

alvin123

yep, rotate the socket, the socket is wrong position.. you need to rotate it to work.. mine is working already

Thanks for your respond, auy_tong2. Do i need to unclip the wire and clip it back to its original position after rotating the socket?

DBarron

You have to download an I/O program onto your palm depending on Palm. Send me pics of what you have version of software and palm type (brand). I will get it working no problem, also just FYI 90% of connection errors are machine side or cable problem not the palm or software.

alvin123

You have to download an I/O program onto your palm depending on Palm. Send me pics of what you have version of software and palm type (brand). I will get it working no problem, also just FYI 90% of connection errors are machine side or cable problem not the palm or software.

Thanks you very much, Mr. DBarron.
FYI, i am using a Tungsten T2 PDA and dr zx ver 3.05.0001.
I have tried this on several machines and i always get the same result e.g. comunication
problem. Suspecting that the interface cable might be the cause but they are brand new.
As i am new on this, may i know what is I/O programe? Your kind assistance is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 22032011151.jpg
    22032011151.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 739
  • 22032011149.jpg
    22032011149.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 746
  • 22032011152.jpg
    22032011152.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 759
  • 22032011150.jpg
    22032011150.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 739

raolela

Occupation
sell used construction machines
I am chinese, our repairman also used HITACHI detectors, and we buy it in China, it had many language setting, I think you can look it by google, then you will find...gook luck to u

alvin123

I am chinese, our repairman also used HITACHI detectors, and we buy it in China, it had many language setting, I think you can look it by google, then you will find...gook luck to u

Google for what? Solutions or looking for a brand new one?

raolela

Occupation
sell used construction machines
Google for what? Solutions or looking for a brand new one?

google HITACHI DR.ZX software.... you can get many suppliers for it.

1. The Dr.ZX Hitachi excavator diagnostic tool can be installed in pc computer.

The software runs in Plam OS Simulator stablely.

2. The one can be used in Hitachi excavaotr Hitachi EX 2-3-5-6 and ZX-1-3 .

3. Model Number: Hitachi ex-2-3-5 / zx-1-3 / Warranty: 1 year