• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi DR EX scantool

482budget

There is nothing on ebay or Google about it, now my hitachi salesman said that they don't make them anymore but they have a new deal out that is a scan tool and a program just for ex 120-3 or what ever machine, He took my machine serial number and hasnot got back to me yet all for 800 bucks?

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
I havent seen one on e-bay for a while, but there have been Dr. EX's on there before.

blackhawk

Hitachi dr zaxis tool

Hi,
you require software and hardware for the tool. The software required is dr. Zx for customer. You might find it at hitachi dealer. The hardware required is a palm tungsten, with a serial communication cable.
Pls get back to me after u get these.

482budget

The salesman has't got back to me yet abut the scan tool and I hav't chased him yet. I could use it right now, Yesterday the machine run great for most of the mourning and the went into stupid mode for the rest of the day slows down off and on no power to the stick.

krich

I know a guy that has a DR ZX for sale come with a Palm M515 pda, cales software etc covers EX series 2,3,5 and Zaxis series 1, you are probably looking at about 800-900 dollars, normally these dont come up as they are dealer only, could probably get you a DR DX for a lot less but these dont do the Zaxis, also Hitachi have changed the software and cabling for there interface on machines after the Zaxis series 1 and have also got to a DRWin for PC so can be run on a laptop

482budget

Krich
Right now I am looking for anything that I can try too read what is going on, I've spent more momey chasing ghosts so far. I'm interested in either DR EX or the DR ZX. Please let me know

krich

Just one thing if you don't already know, the only advantage with the the DR EX/ZX is the error codes display and pressure/ flow info, gives you quick setup without having to get dirty hooking up gauges, but in some cases it will also give you false alerts or errors.
What machine have you got and what is your problem.

482budget

The main problem is the stick slows down. no power in the stick like wouldn't fill a 28 inch tooth in loose soil and then the next time OK, drives me nuts. I went though the main pump this winter and replaced the barrel pistons and swash plate and it didn't make any difference. I took it to a local shop smart in hydraulic and also a doosan dealer and they went though every thing they could check without DR EX (i have the service books on this machine). They told me that the pump is right there the pilot pump is OK and checks out but they don,t know if it could be a a shuttle valve some where that is messing up somewhere. I have to keep this machine going for another 2 years before I can retire it to the topsoil pile and the other thing i like the way the machine handles
By the way it is a 1995 120-3 yes I know gray market but the price was right and I had it since 02

krich

So is it only the dipper arm that is slow, walks straight, swings ok, when the arm slows down is it at the end of the stroke or soon as you put some resistance against the arm, did the shop put a pressure gauge on the pump and check pressure during this operation, what was the maximum relief pressure reading.
If you are operating the arm in and out does the engine start to lug on the arm out operation, also if you operate the arm in/ out while swinging does the arm speed increase.
These machines, as do most excavators merge the flow of the 2 pumps for quicker cycle times, if one pump is not not reacting, swashing up then you will get a reduced speed but if it is only the arm that is playing up then it will be a problem within that circuit.

482budget

First of all the dash 3 machine is a single pump machine (hvp 091 ES pump) so everything is run off one line, thats where the computer an all the sensors come in. Yes the pumps had gauges all over it an it never showed anything except the track drive took time to ramp up like the pump come on slow. That I can deal with but the stick I can't.
OK the stick does this usually when the machine is up to operating temperature before that you caton tell that it is tugging against the motor but not when it is hot ( yes the circuit reliefs where checked) As far as speed wise stick out it is fast and pulls on the motor. As far as other systems like digging a hole and swinging around, boom up, stick coming in, and bucket curling in to load a truck stick speed does not change much if a all on the in. Yes other controlls do slow down but they seem to be in sync.
The systems we can't check or set has to be set by scan tool

SOMALIWARLORD

slow stick

Hello all,great forum. I have a hitachi ex120-2 and occaisionally the functions become slow but it usually corrects itself in a few secounds. I would also have to say that i find it very jerky to drive compared to say dash 5 examples. Can software be uploaded to improve the driveability of this machine?

CJLennon

A little info on the scan tool

Hey Folks,
I have a friend that works at a Deere/Hitachi delaership and he feels the value of the customer tool is not worth the money. He's a pretty reliable guy and has been there many years. He says that if you can, get the dealer-only version of the scan tool in order to have any diagnostic capabilities. Just an FYI. Thanks for all the time you folks put into this forum. It's really appreciated!

bigaidy

ex dr i have one for sale

Trying to find a DR EX scan tool for my 120-3 and for a repair shop, Can anyone help me find one

I have a Dr.EX for sale.It is in new condition with service data book.Book covers from EX60-3 to Ex600-3 and EX60-5 to EX800-5.If interested please reply.

bigaidy

u wont

u obvisiouly dont have a clue as to what i am selling.ur a paddy without a brain i take it