• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here's a shot of my AMT Cat D8 model

MattW

I built this several years ago. I scratchbuilt the canopy out of sheet plastic and square stock.

Matt "W"

Attachments

• P3030324 copy 2.jpg
    P3030324 copy 2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 3,646

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I built one back in about 75, but I didn't put the same effort into getting the colors as true to life. The canopy is a nice touch too. Great job! :thumbsup

td25c

Nice job MattW.My AMT dozer is still in the box.Dang that thing has allot of pieces parts to assemble:Banghead I may just partial assemble the dozer an build a parts yard diorama for it. Title it "Parting out the AMT dozer" Hey.......come to think of it the tracks & undercarrige are 100% ,just need allot of patience to assemble them :D Holler if ya need any parts Matt :lmao

td25c

AMT allways had some cool model kits .Thats interesting that digger242j built his dozer kit in 75.I bought my AMT dozer kit about 10 years ago and sure enough its dated 2002 on the kit,also it lists AMT & ERTL on the box .I think ERTL bought AMT in the 1980's. www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?13488-plastic-model-kits Dont think this dozer is available anymore,dont see it on ERTL's site www.rcertl.com or www.round2models.com/models/amt The round2model site dose have some models I remember from the 1970's & 80's.Those were the days....:D

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I got the dozer and lowboy trailer for Christmas one year and put the DM600 Mack out front pulling it. I've watched models on Ebay and it seems when supplies of a certain model dwindle, the re-release it. Last year the D-8 was pretty plentiful

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
That old AMT model is a good build.
I picked one up half built at a swapmeet 10 years ago and "de-constructed" it.
Was going to build it as a push tractor but the modelling bug took over and here is the result - a direct drive D8H 36A.
Lots of work went into this beast
D8H 36A_3.jpg

Attachments

• D8H 36A_2.jpg
    D8H 36A_2.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 4,465