1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with bobcat codes

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by gnccracer, Dec 11, 2012.

1. gnccracer

gnccracer Member

Getting 39-13 ----40-12-----dr2 on my display panel. everything works fine except the aux. hydraulics. Called bobcat and they said to replace the joysticks and harness at $2500.00 ouch..... really.. The 39-13 comes up when you first start the machine and when you go to press button for aux. hydro the light does not light and then the 40-12 and dr-2. The weird thing is I got it to work one time and now cannot get it to work the aux. Unplugged the connections and didnt see anything no water or dirt. Can any of you guys helppppp me please?? Thanks.

2. gnccracer

gnccracer Member

Sorry forgot to say this machine is a bobcat T300 2008.

3. NCPIPELINE

NCPIPELINE Senior Member

The Fixer
    If it was me, I would start by looking at the wires coming from the controllers, if not mistaken somewhere the 2 sides come together, sounds like something is rubbing.

4. NCPIPELINE

NCPIPELINE Senior Member

The Fixer
  5. gnccracer

gnccracer Member

Thanks pipeline, I have unplugged and plugged back in every connector I see related to the joysticks. I see where the two wires come together in the harness I will open up and see what I find..... I will let ya know Thanks..

6. gnccracer

gnccracer Member

Well I have spent the whole morning searching only to find nothing. I have made contact with bobcat again and they said that both joysticks and wire harness have to be replace due to bobcat not producing my part number that is on the joysticks. I think if I could find the left joystick it may solve my problem?? Does any one know where I could find a replacement just for the left side bobcat #6689920? Thanks.

7. NCPIPELINE

NCPIPELINE Senior Member

The Fixer
    So can you get the machine to move at all? or does it lock out?

8. gnccracer

gnccracer Member

Yes machine operates fine just does the three beeps when you first start it and the 39-13 comes up. Everything operates except the auxillary hydraulics to operate my grapple. When the code comes up, if I start messing with the high flow button and moving the toggle on the right joystick is when I get the 40-12 and the dr-2. Thanks man for the reply...

9. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
  10. gnccracer

gnccracer Member

Yea I think thats where I am at. Do any of you guys know where I can get this left joystick or any other ideas of making the new style work without having to buy the whole kit?

11. NCPIPELINE

NCPIPELINE Senior Member

The Fixer
    Unfortunately I have the hardest time finding bobcat parts anywhere except from the dealer.