• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help needed please. Clark GCS-15 Suction Filter

LouG

Hello all. Hoping someone is able to help me. I have a Clark GCS-15 Forklift that used to run fine, but sat idle for about a year, now it does not move forward or backward when cold, and moves very sluggishly even when warmed up. I have checked the transmission fluid and it is at the correct level. I have been told it could be a clogged suction filter, but I have no idea where it is located. Can someone point me in the right direction? Any help is much appreciated. The transaxle is the type with the fill plug located on the front and it has a spin on filter on top under the floorboard if that helps to identify it.

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Please post full serial number of the GCS-15.
Quickest; cheapest way to start, is pull the existing filter and take it to NAPA, get it crossed and install the new.