• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello From NJ

Colonel Clank

Occupation
Semi-retired building maintenance tech
I recently convinced myself to buy a TLB to build a house and barns with. I have friends and family in farming with machinery who shared their thoughts on what I could get in my price range and, after looking at a dozen or so machines ended up with an early case 580k. I started my search looking at even older machines including some late 60's to 1970's massey's , fords and Case ck's and b's but quickly decided to stretch a little and get a heavier machine. Paint doesn't look so good and I think the hour meter might be a little understated but it starts immediately, doesn't smoke or make death noises, seems reasonably tight and not too leaky. So far so good!

I just started going through it to identify maintenance needs so the questions will follow shortly. I'll share my opinions as I go. Maybe others can learn from my errors and hopefully some successes.

Rock on ,

Kevin

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Welcome to HEF. The cheapest thing you can ever buy for it will be a good set of operators and maintenance manuals. They will pay fro them selves many times over in saved headaches and repairs. Check e-Bay for used ones.