• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heavy Equipment Repair Fees

02Dmax

I've been an independent mechanic working out of a service truck for several years now in NW Missouri, SE Nebraska. I charge $80 an hour and if you call me and want me on a job immediately its a minimum 2 hour charge ($160) if I'm not already on an urgent call. I don't charge mileage or shop fees or consumable fees or any other BS. When I get in the truck I'm on the first customers clock until I'm done. I bill out between 40 and 50 hours each week and have never billed out less than 25 hours a week. I've usually got a list that would last a month but that's because I work in the good customers that are down and need back rolling as soon as possible. Its been a good living for my family and I love it, but its hard work and you don't get to keep nearly as much cash as you bring in. lol, good luck!

02Dmax

whoops, just noticed this thread is 7 years old. lol. wonder how it worked out for Debbie?