• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

heavy equip boneyards?

eianewb

does anyone know where any heavy equip boneyards are located in eastern ia or NW il? i am looking for a hyd cyl for my thumb. i already have the lines run up to the stick, but the guy i bought it from put a mech link in instead of the hyd cyl.

thanks

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
thumb

does anyone know where any heavy equip boneyards are located in eastern ia or NW il? i am looking for a hyd cyl for my thumb. i already have the lines run up to the stick, but the guy i bought it from put a mech link in instead of the hyd cyl.

thanks

No help on the boneyard, but if you know the exact length, your local farm supply store may have one. As with a bone yard, make sure you get the correct cylinder, that will take the amount of hydraulic pressure required. We have Tractor Supply and Agri Supply. If its a home made thumb, you need to do your math, or its not going to work correctly. Hydraulic thumbs are great, but if they are not set up correctly, they are a PITA