• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

heavy duty gooseneck

Old Doug

I have one that i did. It was a pintle hitch trailer. I built a neck and changed axels to electric brakes. The are cheap here to but when i did my trailer i needed one now and there were not many goose necks around.I have worked as a welder so it wasnt to costly but if i couldnt do the work the cost would make me look around.I am looking for a biger trailer now and have seen 2 pintles ceap i may do it agin. One thing to keep in mind a neck welded to a trailer that was a tongue hitch will need alot of work to keep it from brakeing were neck is welded. The front of it will be under a new big stress that didnt happen before.